Pay It Forward Care Services with Volunteers, Organizations and Churches involved in the Activities of Care.
The ‘pay it forward’ concept of volunteerism was first introduced to Owen Sound by Gail Acton back in 1987 when she brought Dr. Ivan Scheier, from Boulder, Colorado, to demonstrate how “helping you helps me”. The Volunteer Services Network with the hospital and Children’s Aid was formed.
CCS’s business is about care. The official launch of a New Horizon’s grant is for seniors. The Christian Care Services (CCS) is ‘pay it forward’ care. All ages of volunteers can pay care forward.
There is tremendous power and positive energy in giving – it is a shame that not enough people have experienced it to the fullest. ‘Pay it forward’ care is about all people, all ages, from all walks of life giving to someone else and making a positive difference.
So Why Pay It Forward?
- To encourage all of us to embrace the incredible power of giving.
- To show each other that we care and that there is love, hope and magic all around us.
- To know that we may be only one person in this world, but to one person, at one time, we are the world.
- Make a difference and experience the true power of giving. Thank you for your support.
Imagine if each individual looked for the opportunity to help others each day. Imagine the difference that would make.
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?
And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the over prudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city?
And what is fear of need but need itself?
There are those who give little of the much which they have – and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.
And there are those who have little and give it all.
These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty. —Kahlil Gibran
You – What Can You Do?
There are many ways to get involved. Buy someone a meal, or invite a lonely person for dinner, lunch or coffee. ‘Pay it forward’ care focuses on selfless giving and helping out someone, a business, or an agency in the delivery of care.
Are you already providing care for your family, a loved relative, daughter, son, mother or father?
Be creative! Come and meet at CCS Village and register in person. Sign-up and receive CCS Pay It Forward Care Cards.
Log your hours, keep healthy yourself, support our ‘pay it forward’ care at CCS. We have a health and fitness room, career and employment counselling. There are many benefits that we offer to you, the caregiver.
How Can Businesses Get Involved?
There are many ways businesses can get involved:
- Enable employees to help support a ‘charity by choice’ by offering services that might be of value
- Encourage staff members to participate in the day and promote it internally
- Have a departmental challenge whereby each department competes with each other to make a big positive contribution to the community
- Provide funds for teams to make a difference in the community. Each team can then present their results at the yearly conference or awards evening
- Donate much needed funds to your favorite charity
- Become a supporter/sponsor for ‘pay it forward’ care and enable us to make a difference on an even greater scale
- The possibilities are endless as to the difference each organization can make. ‘Paying it forward’ can also attract positive publicity for your organization, which is priceless when attracting and retaining loyal customers
Please let us know what your company is doing to offer ‘pay it forward’ care and help others in need (via the contact page on this website). Thank you!